This is one of my favorite recipes, I just love it! I usually bake this tart for my mother.
It is very refreshing and the key ingredients are fresh fruits and pastry cream. It is a very delicious tart that will make you and your friends happy. This cake literally makes your mouth water. With fresh fruits and pastry cream as the main ingredients this tart can be a bit filling.
If the pastry cream is too thick, use the an electric mixer to thin it out that way the cream is easier to spread.
Please note: The pastry cream for this recipe was homemade, however to save time pastry cream can be brought. I’ve given the recipe for making pastry cream, feel free to use it.
Fresh Fruit Tart
340 grams Butter
375 grams All purpose flour
175 grams Cake flour
5 grams Salt
8 grams Sugar
25 grams Whole egg
125 grams Ice cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 350F for 30 minutes.
2. Cut the butter into 1 inch pieces.
3.Whisk the eggs and add the cold water and refrigerate until needed.
3. Using an electric mixer with the paddle add the all the dry ingredients into the bowl and add the butter. Let it run on medium speed, until it forms almond size pieces.
4. Add egg mixture all at once, mixing with the paddle briefly, or just until the dough comes together. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
5. Using a 6 inch tart pan, roll the dough into a 9 inch disk and line the tart pan. Dock the bake of the tart and chill the dough well; cover with a disk of parchment paper and weigh with beans or marbles.
6. Bake at 350F for about 25 Minutes, or until slightly colored around the edges. Remove paper and beans and continue baking shell until very lightly colored. Cool the bake shell until ready to use.
7. In the mean time slice the fresh fruits of your choice: strawberries, apricots, peaches, kiwi or plum and set aside with the additional fruits of your choice.
8. Spread pastry cream at 3/4 of the way in the tart shell. arrange fruit in concentric rows over the cream. Do your best to cover the entire tart with fruits.