Chicken as always been a staple growing up, so I always try to finish different ways to prepare it. This chicken supreme was inspired by a last minute change.
Combine the sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, roasted garlic, spinach, and goat cheese in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is somewhat something. Taste and adjust seasonings. Put in a piping bag.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Supreme with Maple Glazed Carrots and Roasted Herb Potatoes
7 oz Spinach
2 oz Sundried tomatoes
2 oz Pine nuts
2 cloves Roasted garlic
3 oz Goat cheese
2 tbsp Canola Oil
1. In a small covered saucepan or wrap in aluminum roast the garlic bulb with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper in a 350F oven for 25 mins, or until the garlic start to rise out of its skin, this indicates that the garlic is finish.
2. Remove and cool and allow it to cool.
3. Blanch spinach for 30 seconds in salted boiling water.
4. Once the spinach is blanch remove from the pot and put in an ice water bath or cold running water, until it is cool.
5. Remove the spinach from the cold water bath and rung dry.
6. In an 8 inch sauté pan, on medium low heat pan toasted the pine nuts for 2 minutes.
7. Once everything is finish toasting and roasting, put the sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, roasted garlic, spinach, and goat cheese in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is somewhat something. Taste and adjust seasonings. Put in a piping bag.
8. Remove chicken from the breastbone wings attached.
9. At the top of the chicken where the wing is, use a knife and make a small incision. Using a butter knife carefully work the knives through the chicken without tearing it.
11. Carefully pipe the spinach mixture in the chicken.
12. Pat dry the chicken, season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for an hour.
13. In an 10 inch sauté pan, heat 2 tbsp of canola oil. Once the oil is heated place the chicken skin side down in the pan away from you. Sautee until the chicken golden brown in color.
14. Turn the chicken and slightly cook it on the other side, approximately 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and place on a resting rack.
15. Place the resting rack in 400F oven for 8 minutes or until the chicken feels firm and it is fully cooked. Remove and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice. Enjoy!