MAPLE LEMON YOGURT PARFAIT
Yeild: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 37 mins
Cook Time: 4 mins
Total Time: 41 mins
450 g Plain yogurt, Stony field Organic
113 g Heavy cream, Horizon organic
189 g Ganola, you can use homemade or store brought from Fairway Market or Whole foods
105 g Strawberries
60 g Raspberries
60 g Black berries
1.5 tbsp Lemon juice
1/2 tsp Lemon zest
3 tbsp maple syrup
1. Add the yogurt, heavy cream, lemon zest, maple syrup and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk to thoroughly combine. Tightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap or place in an air tight container. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, best if left overnight.
2.When you are ready to serve, place a tablespoon of granola on the bottom of your preferred cup, bowl or even a mason jar. Then add small handful of berries or fruit of your choice. Layer the berries with 1/4 cup of maple lemon yogurt mixture. Repeat by alternating layers of granola, fruits and yogurt until the glasses are filled ending with berries, chopped mint and a drizzle of maple syrup.
3. To keep the granola crunchy, parfaits are to be served immediately. If you choose to have it next day, simply prepare your yogurt mixture and add the granola and fruits the day off.
Prep Time: 7 mins
Cook Time: 25-30 mins
Total Time: 32-37 mins
8 oz hazelnuts
4.5 oz rolled oats
1/4 cup sugar
3 oz Almonds, raw
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Canola oil
1. Lightly toast the nuts in a 250°F oven for 10 mins. Once the nuts are done, remove from the oven, cool and set aside.
2. In the meantime , combine the honey, sugar and canola oil in a small saucepan. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Add oats and nuts in a bowl, pour the honey mixture over it. Toss, while evenly coating the granola. Spread onto a sheet tray to and back in the oven for 15 to 20 mins, are until the granola is completely dry.
4. Remove from oven and cool. Crumble and store in an air tight container in a cool place. If stored properly granola will last for at least 3 weeks while remaining crunchy.
**NOTE: To zest a lemon, lime and or orange you can purchase a mirco-planer from online from places like Amazon or any food related stores.
A mirco-plane can be used to zest limes, lemons and oranges. Can be use to grater cheese, nutmeg and so on. Personally I love it; because I use it for just about anything.