BBQ-SRIRACHA FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICHES
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 49 minutes
1 cup Buttermilk
4 pieces Boneless Chicken Tighs, skinless
1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/3 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 sprig Rosemary
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon Braggs Seasoning (24 Herbs and Spices)
1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
2 cups Vegetable Oil
THINGS YOU’LL NEED:
4 pieces Ciabatta Bread, cut in half, toasted
Lettuce of you choice. I used springmix mesclun
Red Onion, thinly sliced
1/2 Avocado, sliced
1/4 cup Honey BBQ Sauce
1/4 cup Sriracha Mayo
1/2 Long Pepper, thinly sliced
Gruyere Cheese, grated
1. Combine seasonings, mustard, salt, pepper, rosemary and buttermilk in small mixing bowl and whisk. Pat dry chicken and add to bowl. Mix well, making sure each chicken thighs are coated in seasoned buttermilk. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime, over medium high heat, add oil in a medium saucepan or frying pan. Heat to 350°F.
3. Start prepping sandwich fillings of your choice or your can use the filling as I have above.
4. Add flour and I pinch of salt to a bowl. Mix well. Dredge thighs in flour mixture one at a time, patting of any excess flour. Add to oil. Do not overcrowd pan. Fry for 4 minutes or until thighs are golden brown. Remove from oil rest on paper towel to remove any excess oil.
5. Start assembling sandwiches by adding mayo, lettuce, avocado, onion, sliced peppers, chicken, BBQ sauce, tomato and cheese.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Chicken can marinate over night.
Can be served cold.
To may sriracha mayo simply take 1/4 cup mayo, 1/3 teaspoon fresh squeeze lemon juice pinch of salt and black pepper and 1/2 tablespoon sriracha sauce. Whisk to thoroughly combine. Taste and adjust seasoning to you liking.
Or you can simply by sriracha mayo at the store.