SHRIMP SCAMPI W/LINGUINE PASTA and SLOWED COOKED TOMATOES
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
1 ½ pound Jumbo Shrimp, deveined, shell off leaving just the tail part on
Pinch of Black Pepper
Kosher Salt to taste
¼ pound Plum Tomatoes, seeds/core removed, medium diced
3 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
1/3 cup White Wine
1 ½ tablespoon Lemon Juice
½ teaspoon Lemon Zest
2 teaspoon Curly Parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoon Garlic, finely chopped
1 pound Linguine Pasta, cooked according to the directions
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1. Bring a large pot of salt water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 7 minutes. Drain pasta reserving ½ cup of the pasta water. Set pasta aside until ready to use.
2. In the meantime peel and remove veins from shrimp. Pat dry shrimp with paper towel. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
3. Wash and quartered tomatoes. Remove seeds. Cut in medium diced. In a small saucepan on low heat, add ½ tablespoon butter, once the butter melts add tomatoes season with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Slow cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside until ready to use.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil and ½ tablespoon butter. Raise the heat to high. Carefully add shrimp one at a time. Without moving the shrimp cook each side for no more than 1 minute or until shrimp is slightly golden brown in color.
5. Remove shrimp from pan and transfer to a plate or bowl. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, deglaze pan with white wine and lemon juice using a rubber spatula to scrape the bottom of the pan. Loosening any fond or flavoring off the bottom. Boil sauce until slightly thickens. Remove some of the sauce for shrimp. Add parsley, lemon zest and pasta to the pan. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust season.
6. Serve in a pasta bowl, add shrimp and tomatoes. Pour some off the reserved sauce over shrimp and pasta. Enjoy!